How do I switch or transfer my mobile service to Telstra?
Transferring your mobile number, also known as ‘porting’, is the process of moving your phone number from one telecommunications provider to another.
When you purchase a device or SIM Kit from Telstra, you can choose to keep your current mobile number or get a new one. If you want to keep your current mobile number, we can transfer it over to the Telstra network in a few easy steps:
- Visit our online shop to view our plans, or purchase and activate a Pre-Paid SIM kit
- We’ll ask you to provide your personal information to complete your transfer
- If we have any ID issues, we’ll call you on the number you gave us. We’ll also send you a text to let you know when the transfer is complete so you can start using your service
- Visit your nearest Telstra store
- Contact us to speak to a Telstra representative
We can only transfer your mobile number during these operating hours:
- Monday-Friday: 8am – 8pm (AEST/AEDT)
- Saturday, Easter Monday and Queen’s Birthday: 10am – 6pm (AEST/AEDT)
For all other times, you can submit your request and the transfer will start the next business day.
Good to know: You need to be the account holder to transfer a mobile service from one provider to another.
Rather get in touch? Let's get you connected
My Telstra app
Speak to us in your preferred language. We've got you covered.